The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chased a slag train last night

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9: 17 am    Post subject: Chased a slag train last night Reply with quote

Last night, as I was leaving my parents house, I was driving home and noticed a slag train movin at about 15 mph down the hi-line.

I chased it all the way through finleyville, across the mingo bridge, and down to the Mon river. I know all the back roads, and since the train wasn't going very fast, it was easy to do. Got some visuals of the train crossing some of the many tressels.

Too bad it gets dark so early, or I would have had some really nice pictures to share with all of yins guys. But I guess it wasn't all fruitless, because now I know the best route to take if I ever see it during the daylight.

Does anyone know if this train runs at all during the daylight. I've seen this run before, but it always seems to be in the evening, it runs down to just over the mon river bridge, and usually sits right over rt 201 by wal mart. In fact, I'm heading that way now and expect it to still be there. If I see it depart, I'll head down to the yough river bridge and try to catch a few shots, although they'll probably be from the ground under the bridge, as I dont know of any easy way to get up to the track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: