The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P&WV 101

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MACADO

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11: 12 am    Post subject: P&WV 101 Reply with quote

I am trying to make a representation of P&WV 101. I had some orange P&WV decals but they are lost. Is there anywhere on this site, to copy them? I want the P&WV letters and the logo. Thanks.
jayrod

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4: 23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't find that logo anywhere but here. W&LE copied the logo used on printed goods i.e matchbooks, stationary, ads, etc. I have the full size, artwork that can rescaled to any size. I'd just need to change the background to Omaha Orange. The lettering is a universal railroad roman, I also have that alphabet. I can scale the sizes off of photos. Are you looking to print decals yourself on a home printer or have them commercially printed? It will make a difference on how I set up the color space of the file. I also assume you want this in O scale.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9: 22 am    Post subject: Custom P&WV decals Reply with quote

Mac,
Let Big E productions(Jayrod) do your entire project(s).
It will be done completely to scale, and 99.99% color/graphics/proto-type correct.

... fans out there who want custom quality P&WV model stuff, graphics design, color, scale proto-type correct artwork, etc.
Jayrod's work is your best bet!

JZ/JR.
MACADO

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12: 17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayrod. Yes I do want the decals in orange, and in "O" scale. I don't have a source yet for printing decals. Do you do it? Thanks.
jayrod

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3: 13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually do the decal printing as I can't print white and for me it's expensive to do a one-off since I don't keep decal supplies on hand. I'd suggest Shawmut Shops or Rail Graphics or others. Most of the lettering I've supplied finished is for 1:1 scale historic reproductions in cut adhesive vinyl or adhesive stencil masks for painting. I sub out the cut lettering and masks to a local graphics company.

Do you need only the logo and number or do you need the whole shebang - striping, miscellaneous lettering, etc? That might take me a while as I do the freebies in my spare time. Logo and number only would be pretty quick, though.
MACADO

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4: 47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need the letters P&WV, logo, and numbers 101. Thanks.
jayrod

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12: 01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now have artwork for W&LE #101, the P&WV heritage unit. The artwork is meant to be a supplement to the standard decal sets commercially available so it contains only the herald, number and initials. If there's demand, I can add the striping and other bits with some research.

For a sample, click here: http://www.bigeprod.com/images/projects/PWV/we101.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: