The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aliquippa and Southern

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7: 34 am    Post subject: Aliquippa and Southern Reply with quote

I know this is off topic but I'm searching for someone with knowledge of the A&S RR.
I'm doing research on the disposition of several steam locomotives sold to the A&S by the AC&Y RR. These were 2 0-6-0's and 2 0-8-0's. I'm familiar with the photos on the Fallen Flags website.
Thanks.
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8: 53 am    Post subject: A&S Reply with quote

I think there is a model railroad group ...Beaver Valley Group? I believe they were in an old station (P&LE?) In Aliquippa, Midland, New Brighton Area? Lots of stuff on the J&L Mill and railroads (P&LE and A&S)both steam and diesel. This was several years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6: 10 am    Post subject: Aliquippa and Southern Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
There was a fellow named Bill Nixon from the Pittsburgh area that I would purchase photos from occasionally at shows. Is he still around and how might I contact him? Thanks again.
Trackwalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5: 17 pm    Post subject: Contact B. N. Photo Reply with quote

Bill Nixon now lives in California, He still sells photos and does some Ebay listings. I don't have his address handy. He list both E-mail and snail mail for orders. He still has that great collection and still finds more stuff. Maybe someone can help with his current address for orders and information.

I think he may visit our site sometimes, Hey Bill N.... You out there?
thehatisme

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1: 20 pm    Post subject: Bill Nixon's address Reply with quote

This is the e-mail address I used to contact Bill Nixon about a year ago.
<billnixonphotos@hotmail.com>
Hopefully it is still good, since I need to get back to him myself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7: 34 am    Post subject: Aliquippa and Southern Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help on my recent post. I was able to contact Mr. Nixon who sent me a list of his A&S photos. In addition to the 2 photos on the Fallen Flags site I found another 0-8-0 photo in Bill Harvey's Ohio Valley railroad book. Still searching for a good roster of A&S steam.
Jagdpanzer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1: 23 pm    Post subject: A&S Reply with quote

There is also a small write-up and section of color photos in the Morning Sun Book "PA Shortlines Vol.1"

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: