The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Rumors Are True

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich_S

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5: 10 pm    Post subject: The Rumors Are True Reply with quote

Hello Group, Find below the message that was sent to me from Testors Customer Service

Quote:

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your email.

Yes unfortualty the rumor is true. We were informed on May 17th that Testors was discontinuing Floquil /Pollyscale, Pactra & ColorArtz along with downsizing and closing one of our facilities July 17th. Decisions such as these are never easy and we know many people are very disappointed.
We don't have any updated information to give to you except that they are reviewing the line to see about keeping some of the colors. They are still keeping the Testor Model Master, Aztek and models along with the new Testor's CreateFX line that includes some of Floquils weathering and scenery items.

We will pass your e-mail onto our Sales/Marketing Dept for review.

Thank you for your dedication to the Floquil line and we hope to be able to provide some additional information within the next few weeks.

The Testor Corporation
Consumer Affairs Department
1-800-837-8677 (1-800-testors)
M-F 8:00 A.M - 4:00 PM CST

Another sad day for Model Railroaders......
jayrod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7: 33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww geeez. Floquil & Poly Scale are my favorites. Sure would be nice if someone could pick up the formulations. If those guys out in Arizona are still making the TruColor line, that may be a good replacement for Floquil. It's not widely distributed and I haven't tried it yet
PWVJer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8: 00 am    Post subject: ...hobby tumult & other stuff ? Reply with quote

yea, too bad about Tester's shrink'n their lines.
seems much of the Hobby Industry is in some
kind of flux-mode .
BTW speaking of change's...
any real word on the sale/lease options in regards to the
High & Dry Line operations?
jayrod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6: 16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard, it's countersuits in the Pennsylvania Western District Court by NS & WLE and depositions were being taken. This will probably take years to shake out.
Rich_S

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5: 25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jayrod"]Awww geeez. Floquil & Poly Scale are my favorites. Sure would be nice if someone could pick up the formulations. If those guys out in Arizona are still making the TruColor line, that may be a good replacement for Floquil. It's not widely distributed and I haven't tried it yet[/quote]

Jayrod, Yes they are, I haven't tried the TruColor line yet as well, but it looks promising. Here is their web address

http://www.trucolorpaint.com/

I have used the Badger Accu-Flex, but have not tried their new ModelFlex paint that has replaced the Accu-Flex line. Here is a link to the list of ModelFlex colors

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/modelflex_3.asp

I have had pretty good success with Scalecoat and Scalecoat II. They are still being produced by Weaver Models.

http://www.weavermodels.com/page7.html

I've used the Scalecoat Wash Away Paint Remover with pretty good results. My favorite was the Chameleon paint stripper, but I think they've gone out of business. Polly Scale Easy Lift Off did a good job as well, but with Testor's cutting back, who knows at this point in time if they will continue to produce the ELO paint remover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: