The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HiLine Updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWV101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12: 29 pm    Post subject: HiLine Updates Reply with quote

There are finally some new updates on the site and plans are already in the works for more. I am finally ready to get back to this site in earnest.

Enjoy

Jim Renckly
Rich_S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7: 24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, Thank you for the updates. I always enjoy reading the Hi-line company news letter. I also found the derailment report and photo's very interesting.

I can relate what happens when you run through a switch that's not lined properly and it's not pretty. Where I work we still have a few variable switches. Some people call them run-though switches, others call them flop switches. The number one rule of thumb, if you run through a flop switch, everything has to go through it before you reverse direction just in case it didn't flop. Every once in awhile you'll see a new guy that violates this rule and a tight spring in the switch will arrange for him a visit to the front office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: