The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glad to see this website

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2: 44 am    Post subject: Glad to see this website Reply with quote

A friend just notified me about this website. I have been interested in the PWV for a long time.
Whoever is doing the modeling is doing a great job. Was quite impressed. I recently sent info to Broadway Limited Imports who are advertising a PWV heavy Mike. They had the wrong style of herald slated to be used and I sent then what info I had and just sent then the address of this website. Are there some correct decals available in dulux for steamers?
jer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5: 12 pm    Post subject: logos & decals Reply with quote

Decals? Try Jack Consoli in Harrisburg, Pa. Don't know if he is still printing them. He did a good job on the Steam/Diesel in the correct colors and logos, He also did some car decals in white & black. All in 1:87 scale. A few years back the Longview Shops did a special run of U-channel hoppers. These were and still are the very best and accurate p&wv cars out there, color, lettering & style all match the proto-types. Decals in N,O or G scale????? Branchline got it half-right. A black car would be nice. Seems no model manufacturer can get the P&WV logos right. Future plans....maybe we will do correct Logo and lettering page that can be used for all scales.
ktrick45

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3: 05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen on most of the the manufacturers getting the logos wrong. That was one of the things Longview Shops did right.

I'd love to see a correct lettering guide for P&WV rolling stock and locos. One thing I've never seen is decals for the later stencil pattern "The Alphabet Route" red and yellow hoppers. I grew up in Bower Hill, and the morning westbound sometimes passed the school bus stop while we were waiting there. I remember that there wasn't much in the way of P&WV rolling stock in these trains. There was a lot more NKP. Of course, this was in the last year before the lease, so I guess there really wasn't much left in the way of P&WV cars in general. I do remember one very battered old gon with very faded letting in the old style, with the name spelled out. It always showed up near the end of the train, and was usually empty. I don't remember what was on either side of it. Maybe they were using it as an idler for something.

Anyway, good job on the site, and I like the look of the board. Well done.

Peace
Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: