The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salamanca Rail Museum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWV101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7: 49 am    Post subject: Salamanca Rail Museum Reply with quote

We received a nice email and some photos from the Salamanca Rail Museum the other day. I am posting it here for all the Hi Line fans.

Sirs,

I’m with the Salamanca Rail Museum in Salamanca NY, and after checking out your site with much interest, I hadn’t noticed any reference to our caboose. I’m not sure if you even knew it survived so I thought I’d forward some pics and a little info for you. We received her in the early 1980’s as a gift from Norfolk Southern, and she’s been in the same spot ever since. We had to do quite a bit of restoration work to get her back to her P&WV look including a complete paint job, repairing the roof, and some interior work. We removed the old oil stove and installed an Estate caboose stove which still works great. I had the marker brackets repaired so we can hang the markers while we are open on the weekends. As you can see in the pics, She’s well protected and cared for. She is the pride of our outside exhibits, and many visitors get a chance to get a look at the interior of a genuine piece of American history. I’d like to invite you and anyone who would like to see her in person.

-Stan Carlson

Salamanca Rail Museum

BillK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8: 45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check my post of July 7, 2009, there should be a few photo's of the inside of the the Caboose at Salamanca.

BillK
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9: 57 am    Post subject: Cab 854 Reply with quote

...or this link:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1313209

BillK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6: 41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and these:
http://www2.snapfish.com/comcast2/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1344009009/a=26026753_26026753/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: