The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1953 Work Train Orders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camp car bill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10: 36 am    Post subject: 1953 Work Train Orders Reply with quote

JR/JZ

The 1953 orders have two things I do not remember.The bridge gang car consist.The kitchen car I remember was P421 not X192.I guess memory goes with age.The kitchen car was a wooden open platform combine.The tool car P130 came into service at this time on the temporary track next to the Flannery Bolt Lead,it was a combine. Can you imagine today a car with all that glass protecting the tools inside cut out along the ROW.I also do not remember Art Herrington as Acting Supervisor of Track.Do you guys know when the last daily work train was run?

CCB
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11: 13 am    Post subject: More Stuff... Reply with quote

CCB,
P&WV or N&W era? Got some nice shots of P-130 at Longview and Rook.
Not sure but... D.M. image collections points to 6/12/73, called out of Rook.

BTW,
Bill ,we have the complete Bridge Inspections Reports for 1952.
The names of W.M. McWreath and W.W. Lucher are the inspectors,
and wrote these very interesting and detailed bridge reports.

I'm sure we also have many more from the 1950's buried in the now 30 archive box's or so....
camp car bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4: 41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JZ

When the big disel electric crane arrived ,I think that put an end to the daily work train as far as the MofW was concerned.That crane could move 5 or 6 cars and only needed one operator and a hook up man.I was wondering about the date.As far as the 1952 bridge inspectors, one was my father And the other was Bill Lucher from the bridge gang,he was great bridge climber who could put a lot of the younger men to shame as far as climbing bridges.JZ,you should have knowen Bill Lucher he lived on
Liberty Ave.on Jhonny Bull Hill.

CCB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: