The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Veterans Day & USMC Birthday 11 November

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9: 03 pm    Post subject: Happy Veterans Day & USMC Birthday 11 November Reply with quote

A very young, lean, well-trained, and motivated Marine has stepped out from his first Military Police Guard Mount Orders briefing.
The word was "Any unauthorized person or persons who try to go through or over the fence .... SHOOT 'EM .... we'll sort out and sweat the small sh** later!"
I was lucky, no Asian war stories to tell, No IED's, and no crazy Jihadist to worry about...

November 23, 1971
Marine Corps Air Station New River, very near Camp Lejeune, N.C.

235 Years! Semper Fi!

JZ

Last edited by PWVJer on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1: 12 pm; edited 1 time in total
PWVJer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1: 10 pm    Post subject: 11-11-11 Reply with quote

Enjoy & Celebrate the day.

236 years...
Semper Fi!
JZ.
Rich_S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7: 51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JZ,
From one veteran to another, thank you for your service and I hope you had an enjoyable day.

Unfortunately I had to work the holiday, but such is life. I was Air Force, 79 to 83. It's funny but I still remember my MOS to this day, it is 30652 teletype maintenance. I do not have any war stories either, but some memorable nights at the NCO club (shhh... don't tell my NCOIC) And thanks to Uncle Sam I did get to see the Espee up close and personal at Roseville Yard, Donner Pass and Tehachapi Loop.

Regards,
Rich S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: