The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Private Cars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nyc301

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9: 40 pm    Post subject: Private Cars Reply with quote

I am the owner of former P&WV business car #400 Van Corum (originally New York Central #301). The car is presently stored in very poor condition from an abandoned restoration attempt by a former owner. Hopefully some day I can report on a full restoration. However , I am looking for information on another private car that was used on the P&WV at one time - the #300 WESTMORELAND. This was the personal private car of Henry Clay Frick and was built at the Pullman Car Works in 1910. After the death of Mr. Frick the car became the property of his daughter, Helen. I had thought that the car was purchased by the P&WV at some point but evidently it was only "loaned" to Mr. Charles Graham for his use by Miss Frick. There is an excellent photograph of the car in P&WV lettering in Beebe's MR. PULLMAN'S ELEGANT PALACE CAR. I also understand that the car was "destroyed" in 1967 but I have not been able to confirm any of this info. I would appreciate any information that might be know about the car's tenure on the P&WV and what actually did happen to it. Also information on any photos that might be around while the car was in service on the P&WV. I am also curious about where the P&WV business/private cars were stored when they weren't occupied and what railroad normally carried them in and out of Pittsburgh? Thanks in advance for any info.

[/i]
New York Central #301
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: