The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eastbound 212

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fast Freight Rolling

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5: 04 pm    Post subject: Eastbound 212 Reply with quote

212 departed BX for OX at 0500 with 91 cars, mostly for OX. In the consist were 2 more KCS boxcars for Rehobeth, A large number of covered hoppers of frac sand and tanks for Centennial Energy at Rook and a few more for Rehobeth. It appears business is good on the east end.
malley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9: 43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFR, is there a likely time to catch something moving on the east end (ie, Connellsville) of the W&LE? I'm hoping to get out for a look at the bridges and tunnels this summer.
It would be nice to see something running as well.
Thnx,
Malley
Fast Freight Rolling

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10: 38 am    Post subject: action on the east end Reply with quote

Malley,

The coke trains to Connellsville have stopped running, I don't know why, I thought the renewed contract was for the same traffic levels. Mixed feight still goes to Connellsville, I'm not entirely sure when, probably at night. The local to Monnessen and Everson (Owensdale) runs east from Rook in the evening. A daylight local rund to Bruceton, and Mifflin. Sorry the information is not more specific.

FFR
malley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11: 01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, FFR.
So it's a crapshoot with bad odds? So be it.
Malley
ple1556

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6: 45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malley, if it helps with better odds, try monitoring the W&LE railfan website. I believe there's a string of fellow Hi-Liners that live along the line all the way from Rook to Connellsville who sometimes spot something moving along the line and posts its location/direction there. Maybe it can give you a heads up & you can get to a good location for some pictures?
malley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12: 46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive I have the W&LE as well as this one. Thanks.
Really getting the itch to go out and look at the physical structures as well.
Are there any maps that are an especial help in finding things? Between the remote location and the high level, it's hard to find and hard to access.
Thnx,
malley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: