The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tunnel Trouble

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fast Freight Rolling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1: 04 pm    Post subject: Tunnel Trouble Reply with quote

The west end of Hanna Tunnel had a minor problem a few days back. The ceiling caved in exsposing the old wood timbers. Repairs are underway. This years big projects include a fair amount of tunnel work, and more bridge rehab as well.

The new timetable speed limit between Jewit and MP 57 is 40mph.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1: 23 pm    Post subject: State Line Tunnel Reply with quote

The Oct. 1959 Hi-Line issue will have a terrific article & drawing of a "cave-in" on the morning (6:30 A.M.) of Oct.7th.
1959, State Line Tunnel. "Hole In Our Head No Joke!" This story will be a Keeper!

JZ.
Longview Station

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11: 19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast Freight...
On the Morning of April 1, I heard the Train Dispatcher give a track warrant to Eastbound BNSF 5922 coming into Jewett and identify a new item in their TSR, I was waiting to hear 40 MPH Rook to Jewett, but he stated is was 30 ?
VW
Fast Freight Rolling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10: 16 am    Post subject: Tunnel Trouble Reply with quote

Well the timetable now calls for 40mph between Jewit and MPK 57 but the TSR still limits it to 10, 25 and 30. Some of the track between Acheson and Bridgeville could probably sustain 40mph now but without anchors it will stay 30. The track in that area is the best I've seen it in a long time and at 30mph its really smooth. The rest of the track needs a great deal of surfacing work, as well as some ties. For any WLE management that reads this PLEASE CUT THE BRUSH, I'm tired of getting hit by trees when I'm sitting in the cab.
Longview Station

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9: 22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday something new on the Mifflin Branch...
Guess it dates to the new April 1 Timetable...
Track warrants to operate on the Mifflin Branch.
No longer verbal "Exclusive Occupancy" operation ?
Fast Freight Rolling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7: 31 pm    Post subject: Timetable Reply with quote

Yes TWC rukes on the Mifflin Branch, along with a few other places that make no sense (certainly not my call). But, it's the WLE's train set, I guess they can play with it however they like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: