The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donora Boxcars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ple1556

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2: 58 pm    Post subject: Donora Boxcars Reply with quote

Anybody know anything about the boxcars over in Donora in the industrial park? There's a dozen or so that have a fresh coat of solid white paint and reporting marks USN stenciled on them.
Anchors Away?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8: 44 pm    Post subject: Boxcars Reply with quote

USN=U.S. Navy? Exept for the Mon, Donora is about as far removed from anything to do with the Navy that I could think of! Is there any trpe of company in that industrial park that rebuilds or repaints cars? Fla. Mike
ple1556

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10: 34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None that I know of. The cars are parked in the Bergen-Power Pipe Co. I've seen a couple dozen there since the begining of the year. I know one thing's for sure, these box cars aren't very modern-looking. Not very high or long--50s-60s era? Kinda like the cars you get in a basic HO train set. I dunno....
HBP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4: 46 pm    Post subject: Box Cars & Tank Car? Reply with quote

Is this the site of the old Power Pipeing Co.? Maybe someone who lives near by can take a dig.-pic and post it.
Anyone out there know about the old tank car that sat on the industrial spur on the West-end branch, just a bit up from the old diner location? I recall talking to a P&WV fan a few years ago that it may be an old P&WV 8000 gal. maintance car. I guess it would be covered with trees and weeds and hard to see (if it is still there) from the by-pass.
Thanks HBP
Rusty Tank Car

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12: 06 am    Post subject: Old Tank Car Reply with quote

I'll bet it is still there! I last saw it when the leaves were off the trees about 5 years ago, someone take a look in a month or so as the trees shed their leaves. Speaking of West End Branch, was that section that was damaged by the construction company ever fully repaired?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2: 22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that tank car is still there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: