The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Caboose

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6: 35 pm    Post subject: Another Caboose Reply with quote

This past weekend I headed to Canada, I found out that a PWV Caboose was in Salamanca NY, so I made a stop and got a few photo's. Seems NW/NS gave them the unit around 1983/4 and it came with the PWV Shield on it, they made some reproductions of it and still had one there for sale. At first I wasn't going to but changed my mind and bought it. Upon showing it to my Aunt at the Family reunion she said it was the same as the pin she had designed for the PWV. Anyway it's going on the wall next to the moose head that came from my other Grandfather

BillK
BillK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8: 30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be doing something wrong, can't seem to post the photo's in that section.
BillK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4: 58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this will work but here is a link to the photo's:

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1344009009/a=26026753_26026753/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=comcast2/

They are on Snapfish.

Bill
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6: 43 am    Post subject: CABOOSE 854 Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the images Bill.

It was nice to see the folks in Western NY.
taking good care (exterior) of this Kenton Ohio product. About 20 years ago or maybe better,
I got a chance to see it, in the "as-delivered" condition to the City of Salamanca.
I sent them some original copies of builders photo's, the Decal Logo(yellow) and number fonts.
I guess when they re-finished the exterior they made a few changes. White & Black???
Hope someday these care takers do some work on the cab's original in-side as well.
Maybe in the next up-date we will do presentation of these P&WV International Railway Cars,
with lots of pics and information.

Thanks Again,
JR/JZ.
BillK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6: 52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JR/JZ. I did question them on the Color of the LOGO, as I thought it should be Yellow Lettering, the Gentleman at the Museum said that was the way it came in. The outside looks like its been painted, insde needs a re-do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: