The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM H-20-44

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Stanton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3: 13 pm    Post subject: FM H-20-44 Reply with quote

What are the chances of a manufacturer making an HO H-20-44. Should I just get one of the H-10-44 and do the best I can to make it look like a P&WV loco? Any tips on painting or decaling one of these?
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8: 12 pm    Post subject: H-20's ?? Reply with quote

I thought we may have a good chance in 09" to see at least one major manufacture step forword.
But now with the economies slumping in the U.S. and over-seas, well ...??? We might have a high-end brass model.

Here is a link: http://www.divisionpoint.com/FM_intro.html

With even the Hobby Consumers watching their wallets, it's really a wait & see thing.
BTW, since we started this web-site in 05' do you think that it was only "small coindent"
that we now have a bunch of new P&WV cars?
Dave, I would stick to some H-16's for now, the FM H-10/12's are not even close, and way to much work...
The best way to have an H-20-44 made, is to keep the manufactures busy (reading E-mail and answering the phone)
aj-1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8: 54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
A couple times a year I write or send e-mails to Atlas and Bachmann lobbying for P&WV 16-44s and 20-44s. I know others are too. Please join in. Its just a matter of time.
Wade
MACADO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3: 01 am    Post subject: H20-44 Reply with quote

I assuming you guys are doing HO gauge. If you think that's tough try O. MTH made a H10-44 with P&WV colors, but botched the paint a little. The yellow is like a biege. Lionel made a H16-44 but you have to repaint it. Try to find decals in O! I would like to try making my own decals but I have to get a H16-44 first. One other thing, I cut off the extension/hood behing the cab of my H10-44, and to me it don't look to bad, close enough for me. Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: