The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1950's on the P&WV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Trackwalkers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6: 10 pm    Post subject: 1950's on the P&WV Reply with quote

We hope you liked the 49' Hi-lines, this next update will be the start of the more modern era "The 1950's". We have some interesting stuff to up-date and post in the comming months. Did you know that starting with Vol. V No. 4 April, 1953, the "HI LINE" News Letter added two(2) more pages. Now, from 2 to 4 pages, with many more Co. photos and department news information. We plan to post them all!

We are planning the P&WV car info. series and pics this week-end. Here's your chance...what would you like to see first? Box cars, Hoppers, Gons, Cov. Hops & flats or Misc. MofW/private cars?????? We will do only one car up-date ea. month. Let us know your first and last choice's on the BB.

We are closing in on 5000 visits(site hits) Thank you for your interest, it really makes it fun for us!

JR JZ and Charlie.
Fla. Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12: 50 am    Post subject: My Vote on Car Type Reply with quote

I vote for Misc. MofW/Private Cars and any passenger cars shots if available.
thirteen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10: 24 pm    Post subject: Re: P&WV in the 1950s Reply with quote

Since this is my first post, thank you for the site. It's wonderful that there is finally a website specifically about the P&WV Rwy. As to the pictures, was there a second section of the November Historic images? For requests, I'm voting for more pictures of hoppers, especially those with the u-channel ribs (numbered in the 5000s?) Also, while not cars, I would very much like to see pictures of specific groups of motive power, like the USRA light and heavy mikados, and #20 the 0-6-0.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6: 20 pm    Post subject: Heavy Mikes Reply with quote

13, the next update on the historical page will be the Heavy Mikes on the P&WV. We will have lots of interesting pics for this page, and if all goes well, we should be shooting Charlie's 1:87 model soon and post these as well.

We have good pile of steam photos and we plan to do "Story Boards" on them all. We do have a ton of material and it will take several years to get it all posted. We think fans will enjoy anticipation.....and have some fun with the past /present updates.
Webmasters JR/JZ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: