The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P&WV Dispatchers Record of Movement of Trains Sat 11-13-

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M-D-H

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8: 38 pm    Post subject: P&WV Dispatchers Record of Movement of Trains Sat 11-13- Reply with quote

I picked this up from Ebay recently and want to share the information with this group. It's a huge sheet but I shot a picture with a 12 MP Canon G9 and cropped it down to about 4.5 Meg (which leaves it still readable when you 'zoom in' while viewing it). I have somewhat larger 'right side' and 'left side' shots, each of which is about 6.5 Meg and larger than what I can upload to where I'm linking it. For anyone interested, here's a link to the image I could upload:

http://us.share.geocities.com/mdharding.geo/Rook_Dispatcher_11-13-1965_MEDIUM.jpg

Tons of historical information here, trains, engine & crew assignements, times, notes, etc. If anyone has any questions about this, let me know.

Regards,
Michael

- modeling the middle of the alphabet route...
tomw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11: 55 am    Post subject: Train sheet Reply with quote

Thank you for posting the sheet. Iwas suprised to see the layout of the sheet. I was wondering how the branches were located on the sheet and now I know. Now I have a job to redo mine for my model RR.
Thanks again
Tom W
PWVJer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5: 10 pm    Post subject: Dispatch Sheeet Reply with quote

Nice job on the pic-post Mike, We have several more from that E-Bay sale.
JR is working on a way to Scan & Post ours and maybe several more
from the late 1950's. Thanks again.

JR/JZ.
Longview Station

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11: 37 am    Post subject: Monessen Ore Reply with quote

I really enjoy reading these train sheets.
So much information to absorb.
This particular train sheet not only gives us the P&WV symbols,
but the N&W AJ symbols, a great way to associate both.
Also, can you visualize the NKP eastbound with 4 geeps?
113 loads, 11 empties totaling 12,300 ton.
Imagine being between Hickory and Avella and listening to him climb the grade?
Then, a reduction at Rook showing 97 loads leaving Rook.
That climb to Longview must of been quite interesting.
Following the train sheet East of Rook, those NKP units left those 97 loads
at Monessen and went to Connellsville, light.
Probably a Monessen ore train...
WOW, what I'd give to step back into a time machine...
VW
tomw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11: 55 am    Post subject: P&WV Train sheet Reply with quote

I have been studing the train dispatchers sheet.I have a couple of questions. The train from Clairton had 4/104 cars to Rook. I was wondering where the cars went?. I could not find it on the sheet. Maybe the next day they went out? "NKP "was this abbrevation used to show that the train came from or went to the Nickle plate. The other question is does any know if the yard train from Rook did the switching of the local industries in the West end or was this just a transfer to the P&LE?
I am trying to set my next operationg session to the train sheet, with modifaction since I don't have all the towns.
Thanks again for posting the sheet.
Tom w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: