The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

W&LE HS meeting this Saturday, Spring Excursion on the P

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10: 28 am    Post subject: W&LE HS meeting this Saturday, Spring Excursion on the P Reply with quote

We are meeting at Glenwillow, Ohio this Saturday at 10:00 am. We will have a short meeting to discuss future activities, maybe a short business meeting if the Prez is there and wants to have one, and then we'll tour the "Falls Jct" passenger and freight stations.

We then head a couple miles up the road to Bedford to tour their historical society and station. Afterward there is lots of W&LE and other railroad stuff to do.

If you're travelling on I-271 South or I-480 East, jump off at the Alexander Road exit and turn left on Alexander Road and follow that to the railroad tracks. Park in the Glenwillow Town Hall parking lot on the left, across the tracks from the station.

If you're travelling on I-271 North or I-480 West, you'll get off at the Broadway-Forbes exit. You'll turn right onto Broadway Ave, and follow that to Pettibone Road. Make a slight left onto Pettibone, and follow that to the railroad tracks. Park in the Glenwillow Town Hall parking lot on the left, across the tracks from the station.

This is the first of several activities I hope to schedule this year, at different locations around the W&LE. After the short meeting, I will send out a questionnaire asking your thoughts on future activities. NKPHTS listers who haven't already, send me an email and I'll send you a questionnaire, I'm not going to clog up their mail list with all my stuff.

And as always, attendance is not required, and membership is not required to attend.

SHAMELESS PLUG TIME There are seats left for the Orrville Railroad Heritage Society's Cabin Fever Reliever, running on the W&LE and P&WV railroads on April 28. More cars will be added if needed. Call 330-683-2426 or visit www.orrvillerailroad.com to get on board!!!

W&LE Historical Society www.or4c.com/wlehs/ webmaster, activity coordinator
Ohio Valley System www.or4c.com/OhioValley director
Orrville Railroad Heritage Society www.orrvillerailroad.com asst. dir. safety/medical
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PWVJer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3: 18 pm    Post subject: W&LE-HS Reply with quote

Mike,
Thanks for the post. Keep us informed of any of your planned events.
We have quite a few cross-over fans who are always interested.
JR/JZ web-masters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: