The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

H-20-44 Modeling Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Tapper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6: 37 pm    Post subject: H-20-44 Modeling Question Reply with quote

I have been looking at the exquisite modeling in the model photos page. My first question is "what models were used for the 54, 56, and 57"?

I have 2 Alco Models H-20-44's that will become 50-51 most likely. These are their "PRR Versions" and have the slanting sheetmetal front with the rounded windows. The modeler captured very well the straight cab front on units in the higher 50's (I have a breakdown of H-20's by body type, but it is buried at home in NM). There are also differences in the screened vents between the cab and the large hood louvers.

Were modifications made to these PRR versions or were some other versions of the old Alco run made with later carbodies? If modified, how were the vents handled?

Just curious, since I would like to add some higher number units.

This still leaves us lacking in the later carbody styles with square side windows, the large, single end windows and either streamlined or angular, louvered battery boxes. None of these body styles have been imported in HO.

Charlie Tapper
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7: 23 pm    Post subject: H-20-44's Reply with quote

#50 is a Sam./Alco UP version with lots of bashing. #54,56 and 57 are a mix of PRR versions and NYC also bashed. The #93 is a bashed Red Ball. You are correct, no manufacturer has ever done any FM's that would be close to P&WV units. Moving foward, we will from time-to-time also include rolling stock pics, and P&WV modeling tips.
Glad you joined us, hope you enjoy the site!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: