The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P&WV in Florida

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9: 25 pm    Post subject: P&WV in Florida Reply with quote

I have just posted pictures of my New P&WV located in Florida.
tomw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9: 28 pm    Post subject: P&WV in Florida Reply with quote

Posted pictures in the gallery.
Thanks Tom Wilson
PWVJer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5: 03 am    Post subject: High & Dry Reply with quote

Whoaaaa...very nice Tom! That station is great, and that is the Avella Busy Store! Nice, thanks for sharing with the model fans and posting the pics!
JZ.
PWV101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8: 50 am    Post subject: Nice Job Reply with quote

Thanks for posting your photos Tom. A very nice job indeed. I particularly like the the ventilation shaft for the mine. A very nice and realistic touch.

JR
tomw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12: 23 pm    Post subject: P&WV in Fla. Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. This Saturday will be our 8th operating session. My favorite trains that operate during the session are the Belt Local and the Bridgeville Turn. If any P&WV fan is near Disney, I'am only 15minutes away. Just give me a call.
Dave Stanton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3: 07 pm    Post subject: Great Modeling Reply with quote

Tom,

Have you made any changes to the track layout from the Artical in Great Model Railroads? Also You have done a great job painting the FM's. Any hints for the painting and masking?

Dave Stanton
tomw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7: 26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, This is a new P&WV, that railroad was finished and then torn down. I moved to Orlando area in 1997. The new P&WV railroad is 20'x21' in 3 levels. The first level is staging for the P&WV. The middle level is the P&WV. At Longview there is a branch up to Mifflin and then to Clairton on the upper level The upper deck is the Union RRand the USS Clairton Works with Coke ovens, Blast Furnace,Open hearth, chemical works.(A work in progress) The P&WV Belt Local brings cars up to Clairton Yard and the Union RR picks them up and take them to EB Yard.
I got the decals for the engines fron N&W historical society years ago, I do not know if they are available.
Tom
Dave Stanton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3: 14 pm    Post subject: P&WV decals Reply with quote

Tom,

You need to do a new Dream, Plan, Build video. There are decals available for the FM's but they do not have the yellow included, between the red stripes. Are your FM H-20-44's the Cary/Bowser metal bodies?

I am building my P&WV layout in a 21' X 25' area. It is three levels. Top level is West stagging coming into Rook yard, through Castle Shannon. Next level is Mine #3 through Longview, with the Montour conncection to Mifflin Yard and to Mine #8, With the P&WV continuing through Horning, through the Finleyville area to Mingo Bridge. The lowest level is Pierce, with a connection to Donora, to Connellsville into Bowest yard. Stagging will be going east towards Cumberland.

I'd like to see your new track plan someday.

Dave
tomw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7: 15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave ,I have one H16 Cary shell I put it on a Atlas RS3 drive, the other engines are Walthers H12 ,I modified them to resemble the H-20. Until somebody comes out with them they will have to do. (The Walther H12 run great). The engine isssue is the reason I have picked the day after the merger.
Tom
PWVJer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5: 52 pm    Post subject: FM-20's Reply with quote

Just thought you model fans may be interested...JR/JZ had an interesting meeting a few weeks ago at the (Great American Train Show) with the folks from Bowser/Stewart Hobbies. We were in our Hi-Line Shirts' web address cards in hand and trying to sell them on doing a FM H-20-44 .They seemed very attentive & interested. We offered help with anything we have, and could point them to some other information sites and collections as well. At this date we have not heard anything. Soooo...if you can ALL start to call,write and E-mail, we may yet live to see a really nice affordable P&WV unit some day(N & HO).
The power to push this project ...scale model fans!!!
JZ.
MACADO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11: 42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: