The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New list member, some of my goals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Tapper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3: 02 pm    Post subject: New list member, some of my goals Reply with quote

This is a wondereful and VERY MUCH needed web resource. I stumbled upon the URL to this on one of the lists I recently joined and was astonished at what you have posted to date.

What I hope to gain are insights into operations, locomotives, rolling stock, and facilities for the P&WV. My interests in the P&WV are broad, and this has long been one of those "black hole" roads. Published material has been almost nil.

But perhaps the most frustratingly difficult material to track down is information on rolling stock. P&WV had some interesting rolling stock (e.g. what look like "channel side" 40' gondolas) that I have never seen a good reference shot for. Until now, I have lived in the west (Nevada and New Mexico) with little chance to hit any eastern shows, so I have had little chance to access any local resources.

Armed with a fistful of Consoli and Spanagel decals, and a considerable amount of stockpiled brass, plastic, and resin kits, I am planning to dive into my P&WV roster as soon as I complete moving to Alabama in about 20 days.

BTW, my Grandfather was an employee of the P&WV briefly in the 20's before going to the Mon Con. His cousin, "Red" Kessler, retired from the P&WV.

It is time to bring the P&WV out into the light of day!

Charlie Tapper
Farmington, NM...but not for long
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: