The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bruceton Inter-change Action

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9: 41 pm    Post subject: Bruceton Inter-change Action Reply with quote

Well I missed the "Little Elf & Sleigh" pic, but did get a shot of some of the Head-end Power!

All the noise of these two first generation Geeps dragging(20) loads and mt's up Streets Run Road got our attention. Shades of the "Best & Only days", AVR/SWP had a pick-up of one tank car, and a drop of 8 MT's, BN/WE 70 ton hoppers at Bruceton this warm and sunny Dec. afternoon. They did a bit of re-positioning the consist, and off they went to 84 Pa. and then Little Washington Pa.....Enjoy the Pics.

JZ.
ps. coil cars???

Fla. Mike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12: 01 am    Post subject: Picture Download on Dial-Up Service Reply with quote

Anyone else have trouble getting photos to download from this site with a dial-up connection? In the case of these Bruceton Int. shots, most came up with red X's, and a few with about one inch of photo! On other postings of pictures I have had no problems, maybe it is the size of the digital shots :?
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10: 15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems, but alas, I haven't used a dial up connection since the late 90's . . . .
PWVJer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6: 14 pm    Post subject: Connection Speed Reply with quote

I think we have said in previous post's that the Hi-Line is an image site. To really enjoy the pics we present, you should have some type of direct service hook-up. You need cable, high-speed DSL or the really fast & new fiber-optic cable if offered in your service area. Sad to say the Dail-up system is on the way out, just like our ol'e VCR's and magnetic tapes. This (hook-up)may cost a little more $$ but well worth it for any inter-net image views/sites.
As our files increase in size you soon may not be able to load-it (see-it) using a dial-up mode. We try very hard to keep the images/documents files small and @100dpi for the most part.
We have a ton of images(pics) and News-Letters yet to share with the P&WV fans, and most are going to require us to place them in a larger file format.
The Hi-Line is a rapid growing but still FREE site! There are very few small regional R.R. sites that offer as many up-dates/information and BB pics that you see on this site.
You may need to spend a small bit of $$ on this up-grade... to really " hang-on, and enjoy the ride!" And hey, It's Christmas, tell Santa you would also like a 21" Samsung SyncMaster flat screen to REALLY enjoy the pics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: