The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NS detours

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yough river pirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12: 07 pm    Post subject: NS detours Reply with quote

Look for some more NS detours on the Clairton Branch. The word on the WLE bulletin board said today sometime. Hopefully this time the track will hold up.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5: 53 pm    Post subject: NS Detour Reply with quote

At about 10a.m. the AVR 2004 was at Bruceton(on the WE passing track shut down). At about 2p.m. I returned, and to my suprise the AVR 2004 was gone. In it's place was the SWP 2003 and SWP 2001(on the AVR connection curve). All of these units were completely shut down when I shot them. Also about 2:30 or so a WE Hi-Railer,
red pick-up rolled by going west(Rook). This guy was spotted on the Clairton Branch at about 2pm or so.
Also at about 3:30 or so at NS Clairton (near the WE interchange) saw a packed coke yard and what could be a loaded coal or two all with power running but no crews. They may or may not move some of this over the WE to Mingo but...it will be dark.

When we get a chance, we will try and Post a bunch of images of this activity. I have no clue as to what is going on! Does anyone know about these AVR/SWP power moves?
RAS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6: 42 pm    Post subject: AVR/SWP move Reply with quote

Hey Jer I shot the SWP move on the Speers Trestle this AM. From radio chatter I picked up the move was to swap locos and QUALIFY THE SWP CREWS for reasons unknown! Jerry send me your email to ras@westernparails.com

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=162569

RAS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: