The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nothing new?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcwright973

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4: 51 pm    Post subject: Nothing new? Reply with quote

It sure has been quiet on the forum. Has anyone been down to Bruceton lately? I might try to get over there on Sunday, and then jump on up to Bakerstown to see what's sitting up there. I don't expect to see any movement on a Sunday, but hey, you never know. Might even stop over in McKees Rocks and see what's sitting in the Pittsburgh & Ohio Central yard.
Tom
PWVJer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8: 33 pm    Post subject: Quiet Times Reply with quote

Well, you are right. JR has started a new Job,(with a new Co.) and is working 7/10's and thats being kind! Mix this with College kids, who are home some times(week-ends) to touch base...and you get the picture.
Me I am doing only 5/10s, and the Co. I work for does twice the volume in the fall/winter and some six day stuff is near. Mix this with 6 grand- children and 6 moms & dads...and you get this picture.

The Hi-line is only a fun little hobby for us. The minute it becomes work, we will un-plug it and walk away. We have many more things/images and other stuff planned for future up-dates.

We hoped that a few others would pick-up (post) P&WV things of interest. We have well over 25,000 visits to the cover page, our admin data shows well over 30,000 hits. One would think that a few others might have a comment, pic or story to post.

Our thought with the Hi-Line ...."It's more important to share the stuff we have, than the stuff we have" Think about it!

Well. this Sunday (Weather permitting) will be a Trolley Jolly Day! The entire Z family group will be on the Pumpkin Patch Trolley ride. We have gone the last 5yrs. and it's always nice. Pappy(Me) buys all the tickets and pays for the loot bought at the Trolley Museum Store. I also pic-up the lunch tab. These Pa. Trolley folks work hard, and deserve a little support!

Not good excuse's, but now you know why we sometimes run a bit late with our Hi-line Updates....We still must budget our free hobby time.

Comming soon...3, 1953 Hi-Lines and a nice bunch of B&W prints all taken on 8/3/46 George-Paterson COL'n collection.
JZ/JR.

Last edited by PWVJer on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4: 15 am; edited 1 time in total
tcwright973

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9: 37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PWVJer,

I hope you didn't take my post as a criticism of the forum, as it wasn't meant to be one. It was more of an observation of the last week or two. I enjoy the posts and photos, even if I don't always know exactly what some folks are describing, being new to railfanning. Some of the photos, such as the new WLE hoppers, are great as I didn't get to see them in person. So when folks share, I for one am very apprecative.

The wife and I enjoyed our first visit to the PA Trolley Museum this summer. It was really a nice day trip. The trolley ride brought back a lot of memories, and their collection of cars is very impressive. I know we will visit it again. Hope you all have a great day.

Tom
PWV101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7: 47 pm    Post subject: No Problem. Reply with quote

No, we didn't take it as criticism at all. Thank you for the post. All dicussion is always welcome. Our site goes through spurts just like all of us. What JZ is saying is that we very much enjoy creating and sharing this site with all of you. We don't see it as a chore. We supply the time we can around the rest of our life. Sometimes time can be in short supply. We try to keep posting fresh and new content to our site. JZ always has an idea of what we can do to add to the site. So many sites initially have great content and then nothing for a long time or they just sit stagnant. We talked about that when we started this site. We didn't want this site to be that way. If anyone else can add to the site we are more than happy to work with them. We try to post something each month .... it doesn't always work out that way. So thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

JR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: