The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avella Station

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2: 40 am    Post subject: Avella Station Reply with quote

Is Avella depot still standing? I haven't been over that way since the mid-80's.
Trackwalkers

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4: 39 pm    Post subject: Avella Station Reply with quote

The Station (still stands) is getting a Historical Renovation Job done on it. The A.D. White Research Society is spear-heading the project. I also believe the Local community is involved. They started work about a year ago, don't know how much has been completed as of this date. We have not been over that way in about 9 months. In the near furture we plan a road-trip visit to the station site and find out what their plans will be.
Hi-Line Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6: 59 pm    Post subject: Avella Station Reply with quote

As of this past week, all of the old siding has been taken off the structure, and new windows have been installed. It also appears as if new concrete has been poured underneath the building. Some work seems to be going on with the chimney, as well. A ramp leading up to the front of the building (on the bay window side) has also recently been installed, made of cement. A glass-enclosed bulletin board has also been mounted on the side of the station. As for the inside, I don't know what has been going on there - I'm going to guess it probably needed alot of work, considering every time I ever walked past there were several dozen cats crawling in and out through the holes near the edges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: