The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Web Site - And a Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hi-Line Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11: 08 pm    Post subject: Great Web Site - And a Question Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that this looks like a fantastic new web site. I have long wondered when this great fallen flag would finally get a home on the information super-highway.

Also, I have a question about the ole' High and Dry. During the 1940's, what time table issue was in effect? I'm thinking of putting together a model of the line during that era on my computer, and was looking for information on operations. I figured an old time table might be the right place to start. I know they sometimes show up on internet auctions and things like that.

Once again, great site; glad to see the P&WV lives on . . .

- Chris in PA
trackwalkers

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4: 44 pm    Post subject: time table Reply with quote

Our collection of time tables include only #17 thur #23 and 26 & 27. I think the one that would be of interest for the 1940's would be #26. Dec.26 1941. This would cover much of the Steam era during WWII. when the R.R. was really near it's peak. If you watch E-Bay this issue sometimes comes - up and and sells for about $15 or $20. Yet another project...place them on a PDF file and scroll(view) them like a Hi-line. So much and many things to do, but myself, and JR still must budget our hobby time and do only a few projects each week or so.
Hi-Line Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8: 22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. That's exactly the era that I was looking into. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one.

-Chris in PA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: