The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mifflin Coke Hoppers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trackwalkers

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3: 15 pm    Post subject: Mifflin Coke Hoppers Reply with quote

Hey...WE,b's... heads-up, about 75 or so loaded coke cars @ Mifflin Yard. Hoppers have IC,CC and CN markings, 3:30p.m. I thought the plan was to make these moves over the Clariton Branch? I guess the tracks along Peter's creek may have some safty issues. They did make a move down the branch last week-end. Or maybe a Union R.R. has a route issue.
Chris in Bethel Park

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6: 33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were sitting at Longview at 6:45, headed towards Rook. I figured I'd get some pictures on Rt. 88 as they approached the Castle Shannon trestle.

By the time I made it up Horning Road and on to Rt. 88, they were already around the bend on the other side of the park. I got to my spot ahead of the train, but my $#^*'ing camera batteries died after a couple of shots. Next time I'll have to check them before chasing trains... :roll:

At this point I was too busy cursing to count cars, but there were roughly 70-75 - I saw BN, IC, SSAM, Chicago Central, and 4 or 5 beat up Lake Erie, Franklin & Clarion gons.

GP-40 #302 was leading the consist, followed by a Union Pacific SD (?), SD-40 #3073, SD (?) #5913, and another GP-40 (?)

I'd have taken better notes if I wasn't so pissed...

Chris S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: