The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bruceton connection with the AVR and WLE June 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5: 09 pm    Post subject: Bruceton connection with the AVR and WLE June 15 Reply with quote

The WE is finishing up on their part of the connection. The west end switch and connection switch is complete.
They are continuing to work on the east end switch. As you can see from previous photos the WE is installing jointed rail.
Now, the AVR has a different contractor and is employing different style switches and welded rail.
The Ohio Rail Co. used a portable on track welder for the job.
In speaking with one of the contractors, working on the AVR end, indications are that the job would be completed
by the end of the month. Enjoy the images.

CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8: 11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is real neat to see happening ... I grew up right outside of Bruceton and used to walk these tracks all the time with my friends.

I remember one time we were out walking right by where the Clariton branch splits off when a string of coke hoppers came through coming from Finleyville. The train stopped right on the other side of the junction & when the crew got out to throw the switch, they noticed us hanging around & called out to us.

Well, we thought we were in deep shit, but it was quite the opposite. The crew was real nice & let us all up into the cabin of the train. As a young kid (13 maybe), this was probably one of exciting things of my life. Ever since then I've had this faxcination with trains, but specifically the Hi Line.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: