The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LITTLE SAW MILL RUN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVE AITKEN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3: 48 pm    Post subject: LITTLE SAW MILL RUN Reply with quote

I am writting a book on the Little Saw Mill Run R.R. 1850 to 1897. Any informtion will help, my 1979 RailsNortheast article has lots of errors from bad information. hours viewing micro film at Old Econmony Village have clearned up many mistakes. I am looking for a 1914 WPTWSB map of Pittsburgh showing Pgh to W.Liberty W.End and Banksville branch. I had a copy from Paul Strang (my cousin) but, i no longer have it. Also who built the L.S.M.R. coal cars five ton drop bottom for the river tipples. ALSO WHO BUILT THE CARS FOR INTERCHANGE AFTER THE PLE OPENED
PWVJer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6: 03 pm    Post subject: L.S.M.R. info. Reply with quote

Dave, good to hear from you on our board. We don't have anything in our collection on this interesting little line. I know we have some old hats who visit the our site and read the BB, maybe they can help you. If we do find any info we will pass it along to you.

JZ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11: 48 pm    Post subject: Banksville Branch Reply with quote

Growing up back in the 1960's my parents owned a home up off Banskville Road. Our home was located at the corner of Coast & Belasco in Beechview. A few years ago, I came across a excellent black & white image of the Banksville Branch taken at Coast Avenue...complete with the railroad crossing, a old automobile, etc. I nearly fainted when I saw this image from the 1930's. I also came across several nice black & white negatives of the Banksville Branch from the Parkway up past Coast Avenue.
littlesawmilllrun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6: 03 pm    Post subject: photos of branksvill branch Reply with quote

guest i need copies of photos you mentioned please contact me vis snail malso the lsmr bought a second hand prr psgr car ail at d.w.aitken 274 gibbs rd. hookstown pa 15050
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: