The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

historical project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatspot

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8: 59 pm    Post subject: historical project Reply with quote

I am currently researching a project for the Carnegie Historical Society focusing on immigrants to Carnegie and the industies that employed them. We are also looking for former employees from all industries to interview about living and working in Carnegie. We have a particular interest in railroad employee's and thier families. Also any vintage photo's of past structures or mines that were serviced would be appreciated. My name is Gary and can reached either here or at 412-429-5680
PWVJer

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6: 04 pm    Post subject: CARrrrrrrrNegieee......! Reply with quote

CARrrrrrNegieee.......! The PRR conductor would call-out as the Local from Pittsburgh rolled into the Carnegie Station. I still remember this, I was 10 or 11 yrs. old at the time. PRR RS-3 and 3 open window coaches.
My parents lived over on "Johnny Bull Hill" before moving to Scott Twp. I went to St. Lukes Grade School for 8 years the to Canevin H.S. Class of 66'.
Lots of folks who lived in Carnegie worked for Railroads PRR/P&WV and as you may re-call a great many worked for Superior Steel Co. I don't have any Carnegie Pics (R.R. or Mines)in my collection. We have a pile of stuff on/in and about Rook that we plan to post. We will ask some of our collector connections what they may have in regards to Carnegie. Have not been over that way (Carnegie) for a visit in several years.

Johnny Bull Hill,.... this was very near the old "Carnegie Park" area.
PWVJer.
BillK

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2: 55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Lincoln Ave part of "Johnny Bull Hill" seems my late Father said something about that years ago. They where the only ones of German decent living up there on Lincoln Ave at one time.

BillK
BillK

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3: 00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

I'll see what photo's I can come across with. My mother just passed away and we are going thru lot's of old photo's. She lived on Doolittle St in East Carnegie and we lived for a while behind Superior Mill in Glendale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: