The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Model Photos From Our Members

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2: 27 pm    Post subject: Model Photos From Our Members Reply with quote

I received these photos from 2 of our HiLine members. A great job on the modeling! We are sure you will agree. Check them out.

Dave McGregor sent us these 2 photos. O gauge P&WV FMs. Dave said,
"I have come a long way since watching the P&WV switching cars, in what I believe was Fairhaven (Overbrook?), and pushing my wind up trains along the floor imitating the P&WV.

Michael Harding, from Toledo, Ohio sent us these HO scale layout photos and descriptions.

A P&WV local lives up to the “High and Dry” billing as it crosses over a small river valley in Southwestern Pennsylvania. A Western Maryland Alpha Jet passes below as it works its way East toward Cumberland and ultimately Baltimore. The setting is a room sized HO layout, loosely based on the area around Connellsville, PA. The modeled timeframe is the early 1960’s.

A P&WV local rumbles through a cut and over a bridge with a Western Maryland mine shifter working a cut of cars below. The river’s well below flood stage, but the new cribbing along the right of way is evidence of prior flooding in this section. The H16-44 is a custom painted Bachman model while the RS-3 is a custom Atlas model. This scene is taken on Michael Harding’s HO scale layout.

Michael added these comments on his future plans.

"The layout, models & pictures are all done by me. I’ve been toying with the idea of trying to get a pair of brass H20-44’s to make into P&WV, but haven’t quite gone there yet. My hobby time became much more limited about two years ago right before my son was born – so I’ve been praying that Atlas will come out with a model, factory painted! I’d love to have a fleet of FM’s in P&WV, but that will have to wait for a while. For now, I’ve got lot’s of WM power (I’m a WMRHS member) and the one P&WV engine plus a number of NKP/N&W/B&O a stray Pennsy and P&LE units – all late 50’s, early to mid 60’s. Anyway, your web site is great, I had been hoping for something like it for years so it’s nice to have. It’s been a great addition to my copy of ‘the book’ plus some P&WV timetables & annual reports."

Thanks Guys! Great Job!

The Webmasters JR & JZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: