The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rapido Trains H-16-44 Announcement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9: 02 pm    Post subject: Rapido Trains H-16-44 Announcement Reply with quote

Hello

I know this announcement doesn't specifically feature a P&WV-painted locomotive, but the P&WV did have a few H-16-44s.

Here's a link to the announcement and models: https://rapidotrains.com/products/ho-scale/diesel-locomotives/ho-scale-f-m-h16-44

As someone who asked Rapido Trains about doing a Phase III H-16-44 a couple years ago, I'm really happy to see them announce this unit today. Maybe this will encourage Rapido to do other Fairbanks-Morse units in the future.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7: 56 am    Post subject: FM H-16-44 scale model Reply with quote

Yep Blane,
We got several text/E-mail messages about this model
production.

Eric (Jayrod) has all the correct graphics, photos, & specific matching builder data,
P&WV #90, 91, 92, and 93. This stuff is complete ready to go.....

The Hi-Line may put together an E-Mail w/ images, graphics , history etc.
to send along for consideration first or second run.??
Both N and HO scale.

Thanks, JR/JZ.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5: 40 pm    Post subject: message sent to Rapido Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I'm the web-master for the P&WV Hi-Line. We are the Flag-ship for the Pittsburgh & West Virginia
Railroad Tech. & Historical Interest Group. The current care-takers of almost all the
"Original P&WV Co. Records & Archives ". These include a vast amount of detailed images, diagrams, drawings. maps, R.R. operation records,
Fairbanks Morse P&WV power history etc.
If you folks have interest in prototype road-names for your FM-H-16-44 scale model future product we
can help. Sharing all prepared historical artwork, graphics, loco data @ No Charge ! E-mail samples can be sent from our Graphics Dept. expert.

All Historical Correct info, P&WV Color, Graphics, Reporting Marks, Data for P&WV R.R. FM-H-16-44's locomotives circa: 1956 to 1964.
Production Samples are razor sharp, color adjusted in both 1:87 scale and N-scale. Ready for production.
Will send both Color, B/W Historic image/slide photo , to match .

BTW, scale model railroad fans tell us this could be the very first unit-production of any prototype FM-16-44 P&WV model.
Both accurate & historically correct. P&WV # 90. 91, 92, and 93 all units purchased new,
lasted well into the N&W merger era. In service 1957 to 1972.

Respectfully Submitted,
Jerry Ziegler Web Master
www.thepwvhiline.com.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5: 47 pm    Post subject: Rapido Trains Inc. Responce Reply with quote

Hey there Jerry Ziegler,

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

We have received your email and will do our best to respond to you in a timely manner.
Please allow 4-5 business days for a response. If you do not get a response after 5 days,
please reach out to us again for an update.

Thanks,
Rapido Trains Customer Service Team
PWVJer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5: 26 am    Post subject: Rapido quick reply Reply with quote

Well Model fans,
Got this very quick reply direct from Rapdio Models.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your email and offer. I will forward your email to the development team and they will be in touch!

All the best,

Jordan
--
Customer Service
Rapido Trains Inc.
Rich_S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6: 52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up, I contacted Rapido trains about a possible N scale version of the HO scale H16-44. Their response was, if the HO sales well they will consider an N scale version.

I need all of you HO scale guys to pre-order these locomotives, I'd love to have a Rapido quality H16-44 in N scale (Very Big Grin)
jayrod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9: 55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vector artwork, images, and notes being sent so cross yer fingers....
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6: 27 pm    Post subject: FM H-16-44 P&WV info Reply with quote

Hi-Line guys, E-man is being a bit low-key & modest.

He put together & sent the final E-Mail info pack, P&WV H-16-44's.
Very.very NICE !!!!
BTW,
He included/slipped-in with this info, a very subtle/low key
drawing of FM-H-20-44 " I gotta love-it !"
No one can say/think Hi-Line did not give 100% on this
respectful model submission....hopeful for real positive results.
Blane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1: 33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm already committed to at least one N&W H-16-44 (tempting to get a VGN one but honestly not sure how much I'd use it compared to the latter). If a P&WV H-16-44 is done, I'll probably look into it since it'll match the P&WV Athearn ICC Caboose I was able to obtain.

As for the H-20-44 hint to Rapido, I suggested them doing an H-20-44 as well a year or so ago along with the suggestion for an H-16-44 (which they've already announced the latter). If they worry about P&WV units selling, they could offer them in N&W configuration as well as they didn't change too much on them after the merger from what I've seen (that and subsidize the lesser known schemes with PRR and UP units).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: