The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Model Page Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2: 12 pm    Post subject: Model Page Update Reply with quote

We finally did a long awaited Model Page Update!
The Kadee folks did a fine job on the first pure & correct model of a P&WV car. We hope this is sign of things to come.
The samples sent to CF and myself from KD were in appreciation for the information we suppplied to make this model accurate.
JR, well what can you say...These model images are the VERY BEST!

We have some great suprises ahead in the next few months with Historical Up-dates.... you will need to be sitting down for these!
Enjoy,
JR/JZ.
Fla. Mike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11: 53 pm    Post subject: Kadee HO P-S Covered Hopper in PWV Reply with quote

I got one the other day. No question that out of the box it is one of the most detailed and accuarte models ever produced in plastic! Thanks for providing the company the details to get it right! Of course the old saying of "you get what you pay for" applies in the fact that at 40.00 a car, I do not think anyone will get the whole fleet of 50! Right now my car looks good coupled to the same car in B&LE markings that came out about a year ago.
aj-1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8: 25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, extremely nice detail for right out of the box. Did Bowser follow prototype in the covered hoppers they did in the Fall? Mine came with the 1906 being open sided and the 1909 and 1914 being closed sided.
Wade
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8: 55 am    Post subject: Bowser Cov. Hoppers Reply with quote

AJ-1, Their design was based (losely) on the AC&F covered hoppers. A total of 35 cars were orded by the P&WV.
All were closed sides with the square roof hatches. First batch ordered in 1946 were #'s (1900-1909).
A second batch ordered in 1947 #'s (1925 to 1949).
The Model's color is a bit light, some of the numbers are not correct,
the logo is also not correct. But for $10.00,
it has "good bones" to scratch-out (kit-bash) and re-work to a more proto-type looking P&WV car.
I got one that has the car # 1914. In a later update, we will try to cover this car in detail.
JZ.
bowestym

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9: 36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR/JZ: great job in cleaning up the scans of 1955 and 2000. Those two photos are Pullman-Standard builders photos from the collection of Jim Kinkaid. The Kadee covered hoppers look great too. I think I'll buy one even though its the wrong scale for me.
- Larry Kline
aj-1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7: 32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Its a shame Bowser didn't get thier hoppers closer but they have done so much for the hobby that I shouldn't complain. Has anyone heard word on Bowsers' potential to do H-20-44s in P&WV? I seem to remember a mention of that some months ago from a train show in Florida.
Wade
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: