The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridgeville Freight Station

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6: 46 am    Post subject: Bridgeville Freight Station Reply with quote

This site keeps getting better. I have been looking for a picture of the Bridgeville Station for about 2 years. I tried the Bridgeville Library(they do have some vintage pictures of the steel mills at Bridgeville)My question is does any one have any idea what color the station was? I can judge the size from the picture but not the color.
I am now going to have to remove the industry at Avella on my Model railroad and put in the engine house. On my track charts it showed the engine house but I never saw a picture of it till now THANK YOU !!!!!You are filling inthe gaps.
Thanks again for a great site.
Tom W from Fl
Pittsburgh and West Virginia R.R.
Pittsburgh Division
Webmaster JZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4: 49 pm    Post subject: Bridgeville Station Reply with quote

The station in the 50's and 60's was a light grey with dark grey trim. When built new, 1904? by the WPT Railroad, I believe it was" light beige" and a hunter green trim. Could be the standard Wabash R.R. color of the 1900's. for system wide structures of this type??? Later up-date will include some interesting stories of a Co. shipment of building materials for the "New Hopedale Station" on june 9,1905. All shipped from the Birdgeville Station.

Avella Engine house... before you start construction, I'm certain we have a P&WV aficionado who reads this board and will help (and Post) some suprise information on this structure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: