The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clairton Local Move & M.JCT./RAS. Slab shots

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1: 48 pm    Post subject: Clairton Local Move & M.JCT./RAS. Slab shots Reply with quote

We got the Local's move at Bruceton and Peters Creek this very cold morning. M.Jct. took a bunch a shots and will also post his images as well. I don't know the status of the slab train. Maybe M.Jct. got some pics.

Yep! He tagged them! Nice job....

http://www.thepwvhiline.com/CMGallery/thumbnails.php?album=11

Last edited by PWVJer on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8: 11 am; edited 3 times in total
M.JCT.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8: 12 pm    Post subject: Slab Train Reply with quote

Pwv , nice to see you again. Good shot's of the Rt. 51 crossing at Large.I took a drive out to Rook around 5pm and did get some shots in of the Slab train. That was a long Train,it stretched from just outside the tunnel up to the yard office. I did a crop and zoom of one of the slab photo's and can make out Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel Corp.
http://minos.photosite.com/SLABTRAINATROOK/?slideshow=true&photo=1
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9: 37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving down Cochrans Mill Rod heading towards snowden some time mid-afternoon when I saw the long slab train up on te hi-line heading back towards Rook.

I also saw someone along the side of the road just before the bruceton Junction waiting to grab a shot. Looked like you were driving a silver accord? Don't know if you got your shot or not. Would have been around 2:30. Train was about a mile or ahead of you when I drove through.

Where was the slab tain heading? Down to Clairton? I probably caught the empty's around that time.

Daniel
RAS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10: 40 pm    Post subject: My shots from the Slabtrain! Reply with quote

Here are a few views from today's chase.

http://RShook.photosite.com/WLE

Enjoy,

RAS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6: 37 am    Post subject: Nice Job! Reply with quote

Thanks for the post Ras. You guys(M.JCT & RAS Show) covered it well, with very nice clear & sharp images! Anyone out in Hickory or Avella/Mingo?
JR/JZ..who could not do the chase:(
butch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9: 11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Cochran Mill road, that was me . .I had followed it from the Mingo Bridge and was waiting for the "perfect" squish shot. However, as the train neared.. the cold affected my telephoto and I didnt get what I wanted. .I have other pictures..on film, not digital, but most posted are far better than the ones I took.. Glad to see people had better luck than I did ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: