The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sperry Rail Service

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.JCT.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8: 51 pm    Post subject: Sperry Rail Service Reply with quote

This morning the SRS 815 car was out inspecting for defects along the old P&WV . Here's a few phots taken at Penowa Station near the State Line Tunnel.

http://minos.photosite.com/SRS815/?slideshow=true&photo=1
Longview Station

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11: 55 am    Post subject: Sperry Truck Reply with quote

M.Jct.
I don't go out for the Sperry Truck, but today I figured I should record it.
I have a soft spot for the Sperry Cars and have extensive photo coverage of them on the P&WV since the late 1970's.
I use to take a entire weeks vacation when the Sperry Cars ran on the P&WV so I could cover them over the entire railroad, including West End, Mifflin and Clairton Branchs.
Also rewarded one year with a Sperry Car going down the Monessen-Southwestern to the bottom of the bridge under the P&WV Speers River Bridge.
Neat photos passing under the P&WV while on the MSW.
Also met Kermit and Troy.
Thanks Troy & Kermit...
VW
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3: 51 pm    Post subject: More SRS Reply with quote

Hey, MJct & Gene digging through piles of snap shots, found a few from DM's collection & others from 1962, 1967 and 68'. SRS #127 and #119 at Rook, Oak and West Liberty?? Also, N&W EM-80 #5400 Rook 77'.
Maybe... we will do an update on some of these guys, I'll add it to the growing list of more things to do.
JZ.
Longview Station

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12: 18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is EM-80?

I forgot to mention, N&W's Track Geometry Car ran the P&WV many times. I photographed it several times with its 6 digit number, 514001(?)then its NS 35 scheme. This thing ran at track speed and was not a easy subject to photograph. It was more of a pick a spot and photograph its passing.

And lastly, about 1986 the FRA DOT self propelled Geometry Car arrived at Clairton.
The NS Superintendent at the time brought it to Rook where it was tied up inside the remaining brick building .
The following Monday morning it went West to Brewster. And of course, I was with it to Avella Station where it paused as the crew inspected the super elevation on that curve by hand.
VW
PWVJer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5: 51 am    Post subject: EM80 Reply with quote

Corrected, 514001, found a nice side shot, not in shadows or near a structure. Big Letters, two colors, @ front Left (EM 80) ???
JZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: