The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Pics From October

View previous topic :: View next topic  
70sNW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1: 52 am    Post subject: Some Pics From October Reply with quote

Here are some pictures from the WE outing on Saturday 10/14/06. I took them from the Parkway Bridge, the Mingo Creek Viaduct, the Speers Bridge and at Rook at the end of the day.

I finally decided to figure out how to post images to this board. These pics are by no means high quality. I took all of them with my cell phone (Motorola RAZR). Despite the lack of quality I figured many P&WV fans would want to see them. I promise to buy a real camera (and maybe take a photography lesson) before next year's trip.

I have been fortunate enough to have the WE invite me the last three years. The WE is class all the way. They make the trip a great day. There are many spectacular views on the WE/PWV. Imagine if there was enough interchange traffic to warrant the WE rehabilitating and reopening the West End Branch. That would be an incredible view of downtown Pittsburgh from the rail.

I expected to see pictures of this train on the web because I saw railfans taking pictures that day. So far I have not seen any pics on the web. If anyone reading this is one of the railfans taking pictures that day, please post your pics here.

My kudos to the Webmasters. You guys do a great job with this site. It means a lot to many people.

PWVJer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3: 59 pm    Post subject: Oct pics & Dig Cams Reply with quote

Thanks for the post of your pics. I don't think
you need any photo lessons. Just get a moderate $$ cost dig-cam with a decent lens, put it on full auto until you get the hang-of-it, and fire-away!

A 5 or 6 mega pixel is fine for the inter-net and for printing up to 8X10s.

We do see a lot of folks taking pics but very few who really take the time to post & share them.
I think the majority of railfans just don"t know how to post on our site(or any other), and don't ask for any help. Then you have a few who refuse to share any images.
Soooo...get that cam, take those pics!
Remember the Hi-line is above all just a fun site, and we welcome every photo.
If you have any tech questions just ask JR for a bit of help.
JZ/JR
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9: 57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get an Invite to take a ride on the Hi-Line?
70sNW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10: 17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company I work for does business with the WE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: