The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BNSF 9404 West at Gladden By Longview Station

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWV101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6: 53 am    Post subject: BNSF 9404 West at Gladden By Longview Station Reply with quote

Several weeks ago, I made a interesting investment into the world of
digital photography. I really didn't want to ever go into digital, but like computers I fought off many years ago,I took that step.
After purchasing the newest Nikon digital camera, I quickly found out my elderly computer and its Windows 98 operating system does not support the software for the Nikon. So this means either a new computer or a investment for Windows XP update for the Nikon. So here and there I have put the Nikon to work, slowly trying to learn how this fancy electronic gadget works. I still have a ways to go understanding its settings...
Thanksgiving Day a friend allowed me use of her computer where I downloaded the 100+ images off the Nikon, then burned them onto a CD, then back home to my computer where I can size the photos down and adjust exposure where needed. The Nikon was first put to work on October 11, 2006 where I shot 2 BNSF locomotives moving 48 coke out of Rook. Yesterday I learned its back to using a tripod. Seeing movement in the photographs due to shaky hands isn't good. Anyhow, here are BNSF 9404 and BNSF 9557 West struggling to get their footing as they pass through the East End of Gladden moments after the rains have stopped. This photo location was used by Bill Poellot many decades ago when he documented a meet on the P&WV at this very spot...when Gladden Siding wasn't extended down past Mile Post 63 and into the cut.

GPS

Photo by GPS
RAS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5: 30 pm    Post subject: BNSF 9404 Reply with quote

Hey Gene glad ya jumped to the digital world. What model did you get? I am currently looking to upgrade my Fuji for a Canon Rebel XTI.

RAS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Longview Station

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10: 36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAS;
I call it my "Mac" 80...
Nikon D80.
VW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: