The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcwright973

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12: 58 pm    Post subject: Computer question Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some help or advice concerning this forum, which I really enjoy. About two weeks ago, I stopped being able to get on the forum. The first page loads the banner at the top, then stops after giving me the following in the middle of the page. <select name="

I asked on another forum if anyone else was having problems, but only "PWV Pete" answered, stating he hadn't had any. So i figured it was me and not the web site. I hadn't changed anything, so I tried shutting off my virus scan and fire wall, but that didn't help.

I then used a friends Mac and logged on without any problems. So it is my system I quess. I copied the line to this board and that's how I now get on. But if I want to use any of the other links, I need to type those in as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom
PWV101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7: 13 pm    Post subject: Computer Problems Reply with quote

If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer one of the first things to do is to clear your history, files and cookies. Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools, Internet options. Click on Delete Files, Delete Cookies and the Clear History. Then goto our home page http://www.thepwvhiline.com and select the Bulletin Board from the drop down menu. See if this helps. If not I have some other suggestions.

JR
tcwright973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11: 14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PWV101,

Thanks so much. I followed your instructions and that cleared the problem up. I am now able to access all parts of the forum through the pull down menu. I appreciate your help.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: