The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DECALS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STAFF@LYNCHBURGTRAINSUNLI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4: 25 pm    Post subject: DECALS Reply with quote

:) DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHERE TO GET GOOD P&WV DECALS? i'VE TRIED A LOT OF PLACES AND CAN'T FIND ANY. PLEASE RESPOND TO KEVIN - STAFF@LYNCHBURGTRAINSUNLIMITED.COM THANKS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8: 50 am    Post subject: P&WV decals Reply with quote

I don't think there is any (active/current) commerical P&WV decals in any scale that is on the market today. Champ and Champ(re-prints) 1:87 scale were just fair entries. I believe Wm. K Walthers also had some all white stuff. J.D. Spanagel had some Color and B&W for Steam, FM's and cars in H.O. and O. Logo & Color issues made scale guys cringe. Jack Consoli. He did about the best for Steam/FM's and cars in H.O. , these were all complete and correct for the most part. I don't know if he is still printing these or other PGH. area short lines as well.

We started to do some planning and layout work for a Hi-Line decal run of P&WV stuff. We have some original graphic information to work with...JR has an Epson 300, 6 color hi-res printer and some commerical water slide paper and archive ink. We planned to do our own sample run, then proceed from there, N, HO and O scale?????

Projects like this take some time and we are not sure if it's worth it. Only a handful of P&WV model fans seem interested. So this project is on our back-burner for now. We find it hard to believe that no major Model Manufacturing Co. has any interest in FM H-20-44's. They seem to be more interested in grinding out a million different F units and GP 7,9,10.... Only 96 units were built for AC&Y, NYC, PRR, P&WV, and UP (Portland Cement and IHB R.R.). You would think...perhaps someone will see a new $$ market for these? Heck, only 127 total H-24-66 trainmasters were built for U.S. and Canadian R.R. and look how many of these are out in the model market.

JZ
thehat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9: 44 am    Post subject: decals Reply with quote

Bill Mosteller aka Great Decals wsm@greatdecals.com has locomotive decals in HO for both Diesel and steam. He also had some decals for hopper cars but they were produced by someone else and limited avaliability. Greenway Products www.greenwayproducts.com/index.shtml sells a dry transfer type in HO for freight cars. Accurail has a renumbering decal for their P&WV USRA hopper (too late for me).
I had a back order for decals from Jack Cansoli, which a refund came with a letter stating he was out of the decal business.

John
Dave Stanton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9: 29 am    Post subject: decals Reply with quote

Bill Mosteller of Great Decals www.greatdecals.com does have 2 sets of decals. One is for diesel and the other for steam loco's. I just ordered a few more sets and got them last week. Bill also sent me a post card in April about two other sets from David Vaughn. Both are for HO 2 bay hoppers. First is the Alphabet Route slogan and the second is the Symbol of Service slogan. I did get several sets of the Walthers white decals. I used them to decal a few cabooses. They are suppost to be for box cars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: