The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P&WV hopper model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5: 57 am    Post subject: P&WV hopper model Reply with quote

BTW, some info on off-set hoppers.

http://www.athearn.com/Newsletter/071106/34_offset_hopper_6_071106.jpg
JZ
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9: 11 pm    Post subject: Athearn hoppers Reply with quote

I saw that Athearn was going to bring out some hoppers in the large P&WV scheme, but the picture shows them in black with white lettering. Were't the cars in that scheme boxcar red with yellow lettering or were some done in black? :?:
PWVJer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4: 58 am    Post subject: Red Hoppers Reply with quote

Gary,

We do not have (and never) seen a color photo/slide or pic of the these cars in B & W. All the information we have suggest they were some type of Oxide red with the Chrome Yellow Block letters.
I have ask many old retired P&WV employees if they perhaps they can recall these hoppers in black. I got a bag of mixed answers, all still very un-clear.
You scale folks, to be safe, I would go with the color cars. We hope Athearn does the same (unless they have a color pic).
If we see a pic or other firm information on this subject we will post.
Thanks for your interest,

JZ
thirteen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6: 48 pm    Post subject: different kind of hopper Reply with quote

I haven't seen it mentioned here, so I thought I would add: Bowser is releasing a P&WV covered hopper http://www.bowser-trains.com/New_Products/new__bowser_ho_70_2bay.htm
They had a sample at the National Train Show in Philadelphia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: