The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mifflin coke train

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.JCT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6: 29 pm    Post subject: Mifflin coke train Reply with quote

The W&LE pulled another coke train out of Mifflin early Sunday morning ,I believe this is the 7th coke train of the year for the Mifflin branch for a total of 518 coke hoppers and 7 tankers. Heres the 3034 leading the way into Rook.
M.JCT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6: 39 pm    Post subject: Rook Reply with quote

Rook
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8: 12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where these coke trains are going? Also, are they still hauling coke out of the Monessen Coke Works?
M.JCT.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9: 07 am    Post subject: Coke Reply with quote

CG I believe the coke that is taken out of Mifflin is taken to Lang yard near Toledo Ohio ,from Lang it is then taken to the Heidtman steel works.I also know that some coke is taken to Cleveland maybe Heidtman steel also.The W&LE does make a coke run to Monesson each day some times twice a day usually at night
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11: 35 am    Post subject: Re: Coke Reply with quote

What I'm trying to figure out is how they get down to the Monesson coke works. I know during the day, they have trains on the old MSW line delivering salt to the big salt pike there. Do they run the coke trains up and down this line as well, or is there another way down there? I know I'v seen the coke trains idling above Rt. 201 in Belle Vernon numerous times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: