The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fun to be had in Ohio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayrod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4: 15 pm    Post subject: Fun to be had in Ohio Reply with quote

On October 12, Orrville Railroad Heritage Society will be holding a "Speeders 'n Spikes" event. Food, spike driving contest, motor car rides, locomotive cab rides and a raffle for throttle time. Cheap entertainment. Bring the wife and stop at the JM Smucker Store & Cafe for appeasement. Best of all, you get to meet me!

Or, for $471, schedule throttle time on the #471.

More info: http://www.orrvillerailroad.com/schedule.html
Rich_S

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7: 50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric,
I wish I could attend, but unfortunately Saturdays are my Mondays and with everything that's going on at work, I'm not sure they'd give me the time off. Not sure if you've heard, but things are not good right now and it has nothing to do with the economy.
jayrod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2: 23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I understand your predicament.

[Steps up onto soapbox]

I believe the fad of pursuing ridiculously low operating ratios is a quick-buck grab for large investors and not a good long term strategy for maintaining or growing markets. It's akin to vulture capitalism where as the investors squeeze every last penny out of the company via stock and dividends and then run for the hills when the proverbial excreta impacts the circumvolving airfoils. History has proven that point many times when the lawyers pick the bodies clean of any valuable scraps after the wounded have all been bayoneted and their wallets stolen.

Implementation leaves a dense cloud of doubt over employees, suppliers and customers. If PSR is such a fantastic idea, then Berkshire Hathaway/BNSF would jump on the bandwagon. But they're in it for long term results, not immediate fat pockets.

[Steps back off of soapbox]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: