The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Archive News?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayrod

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5: 00 pm    Post subject: Any Archive News? Reply with quote

Been kinda quiet around here. Any updates to be had with the materials sorting and whatnot?

Wish I could help. Been busy rebuilding track and "graduated" to ORHS engineer. My first two pulls were dragging a pair of 250T wreckers off of very bad track and spotting them on rehabilitated track. I don't recommend doing that for newbies, a bit of a white knuckler, but they both came off without a hitch. Whew....
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6: 23 pm    Post subject: ...archive stuff Reply with quote

Think?
GPS has been going thru the Struthers Stuff, slow, labor , dusty job etc.
but sure he found some jems.....
I have been sorting/looking/finding some additional paper archives.
The derailment/incident reports, and additional work-train reports
are always good surprise reading...

JR has settled back home for the fall/winter months, finishing-up
some domestic chores-projects so we can begin to assemble & test some of the
new Hi-Line format materials.

..I got some kit-bashed-model projects almost completed, Boxcar 1319 has
turned out nice. The car is a very good match for the 3(three) based on the original color negs sent a while back...circa: 1972-73?

...also, 3-months work (Whew) on U-Channel car 2681, grey/yellow reporting marks (Longview Shops).
tons of add-on-details with road-wreathing. Very pleased with the mix-media car shop-worn look.
circa: 1949-50.

JR will do another photo shoot of these recently completed 1:87 projects.
jayrod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9: 20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall, there were a bunch of valuation drawings going back to WPT days. One thing I'm curious about was a 3 mile long branch that came off the main at Pryor/Rea to serve a coal mine - Washington something or another. It wasn't in service very long as it washed out and was never rebuilt. The bonds were still on the books at the time of WPT's bankruptcy. If I were to guess, it ran up towards Atlasburg. If you run into any clues, let me know so I can add it to the Spurs list.
jayrod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10: 02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more info after reading through the ICC report again:

In simple terms, WPT signed a contract with Washington Coal Company on 9/11/05 in which WCC would build the branch, cost covered by capital stock issued by Pittsburgh & Cross Creek Railroad to the tune of $70,000 and WPT would reimburse WCC $0.15/ton of goods shipped and assume ownership when paid off. The line was washed out sometime after completion. At the time of the bankruptcy, WCC had only received $12,487.18 of the $70K owed and WPT had no plans to fix it. It certainly did not pay to play with the Syndicate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: