The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laser Scan for H20-44

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayrod

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6: 58 pm    Post subject: Laser Scan for H20-44 Reply with quote

So as not to derail the H20-44 model thread, I'll start a new one. Since no one has found any drawings, I contacted TruePoint Laser Scanning to find out how much it would cost to scan the ex-AC&Y #505 down in Galveston.

I won't post the entire proposal but suffice it to say that the total bill would be $4,000 for a ground up exterior scan. That will get you a 3D CAD mesh model on a flash drive which can then be edited and scaled as needed in AutoCAD 2017. AutoCAD is compatible with Shapeways if you wanted to go that way. It may be possible to get an earlier version file if necessary.

So, wonder no more, folks. That's what it will take to laser scan. Your mileage may vary.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10: 08 am    Post subject: Chump-Change Reply with quote

Jez, only 4-grand,
Guess I will need to empty-out-all the change in filled/unused Geo's ash tray,
Maybe drain the funds from the Hi-Line's slush-fund account as well...
Going out now to the 7-11 for more lotto tickets.
Jer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: