The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Location of Wayco

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayrod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10: 14 am    Post subject: Location of Wayco Reply with quote

Is Wayco (MP 54.7) and what is currently referred to as Parlett the same place? The rough placement of Mileposts would make it seem so.
jayrod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9: 41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered my own question: Yes and also known as Young when line was constructed in 1904.
Rich_S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6: 17 pm    Post subject: Re: Location of Wayco Reply with quote

Quote:
Jayrod said Is Wayco (MP 54.7) and what is currently referred to as Parlett the same place? The rough placement of Mileposts would make it seem so.

Jayrod, Wayco / Parlett on the track chart I have is MP 106. What year is your track chart?

My track chart lists Wayco passing siding as
7434' total
7019' clear
123 cars
jayrod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8: 35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the station of Young/Parlett/Wayco at MP 54.7 from Pittsburgh or MP 106.2 from Connellsville. These are based on the last chainings extracted from public and employee timetables. Exact locations changed slightly over the years and some station points moved considerably (Avella moved from the depot to the Acme plant and Bridgeville moved from the depot to about the GE spur) and others came, went or changed names.

Via Howard's books I have track charts from 1904, 1917 and a scanned 1949 glommed off the interwebs. I assume that's the same one you're looking at as it says the exact same thing.

I'm working on an all-time list of all the commercial spur MP locations so I can map their locations. I considered adding the passing, side and storage tracks but they changed a lot over the years so I may leave sleeping dogs lie on that one. For that, track charts are your friend. So far, I have the WPT/P&WV/Pittsburgh Division just about complete. The locations are pinpointed but I need to add a few more descriptive details. Then I'll post it here for corrections/comments. JZ has seen the preliminary and he likes it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: