The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coke and Grain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.JCT.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10: 48 pm    Post subject: Coke and Grain Reply with quote

I stopped by Rook around 8 am Sat. and took a few shots of the 416.Then headed East to Longview and caught the returning Coke train and followed the 391 back to Rook. I had to leave before the power for the 416 was set up and the Grain headed East. Check out the Slide show.
http://minos.photosite.com/12-03-05WLE/
PLEzero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11: 05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting your photos. I will post some of mine once I get some time to upload them all. I have some from along the line as well as a pretty nice one of some of the guys shooting the westbound train as it entered Rook.

http://minos.photosite.com/12-03-05WLE/Coke_west.html

How did you manage to get this shot of the train coming over 279? Looks like a nice angle to get some shot from. Seems like parking is a bit of a challenge and the Google Satellite image (link below) isnt much help.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=rook&ll=40.429856,-80.027633&sll=40.440556,-79.996111&spn=0.003662,0.006951&sspn=0.123331,0.346069&t=k&hl=en
PWV101
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6: 15 am    Post subject: Great Job Reply with quote

Nice job on the photos MJCT. A nice day to boot. Great shots. Thanks for the posting.
M.JCT.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11: 43 am    Post subject: Parkway shot Reply with quote

PLE to access this area its safest to drive down Banksville Road and stay to the right when merging with 279 there will be a dirt road with a gate on your right , I drove up onto the flat area and parked.use caution when entering and exiting this busy area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: