The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Belt Jct Station picture?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom w

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12: 46 pm    Post subject: West Belt Jct Station picture? Reply with quote

I have been looking for a picture of the West Belt Station . I found the one in my P&WV Book from 1917 on pg 91 I think.. Was there any other station. I have put the train order signal in service and would like to build a station to go along with it.
PS.We had our first TT&TO session using the 1947 P&WV timetable . I worked out really well.
Thanks,
Tom
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9: 31 am    Post subject: BJ Tower? Reply with quote

Tom,
... a bit confused, West Belt Station? or do you mean
West Side Belt Tower(BJ)?
The WSB station on p.91 Worley/Pellot book is the Fairhaven Station.
If you have a copy of Howard W's book "West Side Belt Railroad"
you can find a nice image of BJ-Tower on page 52.

The Fairhaven Station pics can be found on
pages 50 & 66, also lots of nice related station pics, maps, track diagrams & drawings
in this same WSB book.
The Dale Elder image collection includes many of these same WSB
pics. Maybe at some point in the future, we can put a few higher-res/less cropped versions on the
Hi-Line site.
tom w

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12: 31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I ordered the West Side Book. I did know about it. I have the P&W P&WV book and the Walbash book. I did not know West End had a tower. That will work well in the area that I have. Thanks again.
Tom
Rich_S

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6: 54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom, What's new on the P&WV down there in Sunny Florida? I think the last web site update I saw was the " Maple Ave at Clairton Works" update, which by the way looks great. I enjoy watching your operating sessions videos, do you have any new ones planned?
tom w

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12: 05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich I have installed train order signal on the P&WV. They are controlled by the dispatcher which is in the other part of the house. We had our first op session using them during Prototype Rails. I have another op session in a couple of weeks to official try out the TT&TO system. I have a new building started to put in Flannery Bolt location. I will post some pictures as soon as I get something together.
Tom
PS Received my West Side Belt book. I think I will scratch build the BJ tower for the branch to Mifflin and Clairton. I know it is not correct but my branch leaves at West Belt Jct. Just did not have room to do it correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: