The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Report

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The web Masters

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6: 33 am    Post subject: Web Report Reply with quote

Well, it's been less than a month since we went on line with this thing. JR tells me our administration data page show we are closing in on 3000 hits(visits) to your little P&WV site. This was a real pleasant suprise! I guess by now most of the regular visitors can see a clear format and the direction in which we are headed with this site. I thought we would have a bit more BB talk between the members. Looks like there are lots of lookers/lurkers but not much in posts. We think folks may be a bit uncertain with a high-end format. I guess we are all creaters -of- habit and it will take some time to develop a comfort level for a new message-board format.
CF and JR are kicking about a shirt sale project. These would all have correct color logos of several kind (golf & denim) for both M/F. The small profit from this sale would help pay for your site and other future projects.
We are also(Future) thinking of adding a "Kar-Korner" Page. Photo 's , drawings and information on P&WV, NKP,W&LE.WE,WM and the short lines. Please post your thoughts and comments... it's easy, and it's your board.
Thanks again, Webmasters JZ/JR
BillK

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8: 33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying this site, thanks for getting it up and running. My grandfather from time to time would take me down to Rook to ride the F-M's around the yard. The last time was 1956, he took my Cousin and I into the Roundhouse just as they where starting up a Diesel, I still recall the flame and smoke shooting out of the exhust.

BillK
eb

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9: 33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this site, and I agree... it is something that has been needed. I hope there are a lot of photo posts as well.
What a special railroad the P&WV was! All those trestles... all those tunnels!
I especially look forward to some stuff about the Donora branch. Hope there are some pics out there.
Thanks for making this site a reality!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7: 42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this web site and think it’s great! I’ve been interested in the P&WV & WM for a long time and a member of the WMRHS – would be great if a P&WV HS started up. I loosely model WM’s Bowest yard in the late 50’s / early 60’s era and have one P&WV H-16 I custom painted along with the P2K caboose done a while ago. I’d love to have several H-20’s, but haven’t tried to acquire any brass ones yet and with my limited hobby time right now have been hoping Atlas or someone will make an accurate plastic one. Anyway, keep up the great work – this is a valuable resource and I’ll support it however I can as time permits…

Thanks,
Michael
M-D-H

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7: 45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I was signed in on my reply above but wasn't - once again, great site & keep up the good work!!

Thanks,
Michael

- modeling the middle of the alphabet route...
MACADO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7: 31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you guys. It took me so long to find info on the P&WV. I really enjoy all the pictures and information. Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: