The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"O" scale P&WV Decales

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MACADO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12: 11 am    Post subject: "O" scale P&WV Decales Reply with quote

Bill Mosteller who does steam and diesel HO decals tells me that he would need to sell at least 15 sets of "O" gauge decales to make it worth his while. Is there anyone out there in P&WV land that models "O", that would be interested?
PWVJer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12: 41 pm    Post subject: P&WV Models Reply with quote

Well Mack, I hope you find enough O-scale model folks to make a run of these decals.

Hope who ever does this project uses Jayrods P&WV Steam era Artwork.
These are the most complete and correct color and fonts we have seen.
After looking at Athearns new H.O.52' gondolas fans & modelers need a break from these toy makers.
Me, I'll hold out my $$ for a set of P&WV F units with big yellow stripes and matching stream-line coaches.
I'm sure MTH O scale will be putting these out as well. I'm not a scale model rivit-counter by any stretch.
But with all the P&WV information supplied by the Hi-Line and other related sites you just wonder,
what type and kind of research these toy manufactures do before they begin production.
Oh well, I guess it sells.
MACADO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5: 29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got some Woodland Scienic dry transfers for the P&WV part. I made my own hearld also. Not the best looking, but pretty good. HO guys have all the fun. But MTH puts out a lot of good stuff. PWVJer do you have the MTH FM's? If so, it's easy to cut off that little hood behind the cab.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6: 47 am    Post subject: G-Scale only Reply with quote

No Mack, I don't do anything in O scale.
We do have some H.O. stuff, most of it sent to us by manufactures.
Charlie F. is the major H.O. guy.
I do put up a large G-Scale (LGB) display for Xmas, the 8 grandchildren really love it.
This year it has grown in size to 6'X12'.
Lots of scale structures, trees and Woodland* people scenes. All this stuff has been detailed and custom weathered.
This exhibit magically appears on Dec. 20th and gone again by Jan 4th.
JZ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: